Thursday, January 8, 2009

Privacy Policy

I have to have a privacy policy to run adsense. They don't really go into great detail about what it should say but this is what I have gathered it needs to include.

I use Google and

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on your site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.

I think they kinda say the same thing but I want to cover all bases as I do not want to piss off the Google Gods.

1 comment:

  1. Wondering how you found out you had to post a Privacy Policy. I have Adsense on all 3 blogs (well, 2 for sure, can't remember if I put it on the new one) and I don't recall having to post a Privacy Policy. Did they send you an email or something? Or was this when you recently signed up?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete