Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Liberty School Wine


Tonight I am having a Liberty School 2006 Paso Robles Cabernet. I started drinking this wine years ago when I learned that it was a second label of Caymus. In 1997 the brand was sold off and is now a second label to the Treana brand, a pricy wine as well. It is not a Caymus wine anymore but it is still very good for a $14.00 bottle of wine.

This is a juicy wine. It has a deep color and you can taste the hints of oak in it along with blackberry, cherry and chocolate aromas. It ends firm, meaning it has a bit of an edge to it at the end.

This is a great wine to pair with beef or lamb smothered in garlic.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Paso Robles area. David Bruce makes a great petite syrah (Shandon Hills) from the region. I look forward to trying this one.

    ReplyDelete